• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sliiiiight chance I might move up to yall next year.....

dick.breakey

NAXJA Forum User
And I wanted to get some opinions about the terrain up there. Ive wheeled in PA and in Texas. PA wheeling was my favorite so far caus eI enjoy "trail" riding and some rocks while avoiding as much mud as possible. I also LOVE camping and wheeling at the same time, so PA has some great terrain and views for both, while Texas does not and its hot as hell down here. Id like to hear some pros and cons of the PACNW wheeling from people who have actually done it. Im checkin out wheeling trip threads as I type too so not just relying on this.

Also, how is the rust up there? Is it PA bad cause of salt everywhere? or just cold and wet/snowy with not much in the way fo car killing salt?

Thanks yall.

(and if I do move, Ill be in Bellevue, across the way from Seattle. Would be my third chapter to be a part of too haha)

Trail with rock is what I LOVE to! We have alot of everything here.
I hate the mud... You will love it up here!

The view, The trails, The lack of 110* days!

Trails are mixes or rock dirt/mud and trees/roots, protection is highly recommended.

Compared to what you are used to in those areas you should expect the following:

1. VERY Tight, Very Technical trails.
2. Incredible scenery.
3. Lots of excellent camping.
4. Excellent mix of trails, terrain, challenge.
5. All year round good wheeling.
6. Good selection of places to go within a reasonably short drive.

As far as the North West and Bellevue in particular:
1. VERY different people from Texas and East Coast.
2. very little issues with rust and salt on the roads.
3. High cost of living.

I assume this is for a job?
Where is it at?

Michael

That's pretty much a lot of what PA was. Very tight and technical with the need for protection. T

That's all great to hear. Pretty much what I was hoping for and am looking forward to. I'll be taking my first trip up there Bo later than Columbus day.

o touch base on the last three points: 1) what kind of iffernt people? 2) that's awesome news 3) that wouldn't be a huge issue if I move.

It's not for a job, it's actually for a woman. Don't judge me, it's just a thought at this point, but one I'd consider a lot and might do. I'm a business banker for a bank down here, should be doing the same thing there.

It's not for a job, it's actually for a woman.

Isn't that a country song? :laugh:

I moved up here from the South West. I grew up riding in the desert. I love the forests and views.. the camping and scenery is unbelievable.

Check out our trip report section, you can see lot of good pics.

I don't know that the people are all that different. There are hippies, homies and cowboys everywhere you go these days. Then the rest of us.

Come on up, we have a great chapter. Lots of great guys.

That's pretty much a lot of what PA was. Very tight and technical with the need for protection.
Think tighter as a general rule. Protection is key.

That's all great to hear. Pretty much what I was hoping for and am looking forward to. I'll be taking my first trip up there Bo later than Columbus day. .
Let us know when you come up and maybe we can put a trip together for you or just have a beer and conversation.

o touch base on the last three points: 1) what kind of different people? 2) that's awesome news 3) that wouldn't be a huge issue if I move.
I have traveled all over the world and this country, I love the NorthWest and it's people. Bellevue is a little on the "snobby" side. If you are a business banker then you should fit right in :D
It's not for a job, it's actually for a woman. Don't judge me, it's just a thought at this point, but one I'd consider a lot and might do. I'm a business banker for a bank down here, should be doing the same thing there.
Nothing wrong with moving for a woman as long as it is the right woman!

You should like the area, it is beautiful!!!!!

I moved up here from California about 6 months ago. I'm lovin it! Just wish I had more time to enjoy it since I'm workin about 64 hours a week and have every third weekend off......

I just moved to bellevu, that's proof that they'll let anybody in. Bellvue is also one of the few places where you will see a $200K house just down the street from a $2M house.

I just moved to bellevu, that's proof that they'll let anybody in. Bellvue is also one of the few places where you will see a $200K house just down the street from a $2M house.

She is looking at houses in Bellevue and Kirkland actually, taking a second look at the condo she liked in bellevue as I type actually. Should be putting in an offer today. You make a good point cause I noticed that a bit right there in that area haha.

And just cause I'm a business banker doesn't mean I'm snobby haha. I'm a business banker cause small business people are great people and typically your more down to earth kind rather than in the corporate side. Those people can suck it haha. So I'll take my miller highife and sit in the garage and work on shit :cheers:

It does look really beautiful and Im really looking forward to that. Nature is my thing.

Once I have a set date I'll be sure to let y'all know. Though i will be traveling up there monthly till I determine if moving is the right thing to do.

She is looking at houses in Bellevue and Kirkland actually, taking a second look at the condo she liked in bellevue as I type actually. Should be putting in an offer today. You make a good point cause I noticed that a bit right there in that area haha.

And just cause I'm a business banker doesn't mean I'm snobby haha. I'm a business banker cause small business people are great people and typically your more down to earth kind rather than in the corporate side. Those people can suck it haha. So I'll take my miller highife and sit in the garage and work on shit :cheers:

It does look really beautiful and Im really looking forward to that. Nature is my thing.

Once I have a set date I'll be sure to let y'all know. Though i will be traveling up there monthly till I determine if moving is the right thing to do.

I wouldn't buy a condo around here, HOAs are borderline terrorist organizations. Good luck ever working on your jeep again. I just moved out of a Condo in Kirkland mainly to get away from the HOA.

Ya, Joe isn't your typical Bellevue resident :D

There is no such thing as a $200K house in Bellevue, even in this economy! Maybe a $200K piece of property with some wood and concrete on it :D

And just cause I'm a business banker doesn't mean I'm snobby haha. I'm a business banker cause small business people are great people and typically your more down to earth kind rather than in the corporate side. Those people can suck it haha. So I'll take my miller highife and sit in the garage and work on shit

Not knocking the job at all. And not saying you are "snobby" just saying you will understand how to fit in :D

You will want to change your choice in beer though :wierd: you will find a much better selection of beer here than what you are used to!

Good luck,
Michael

There is no such thing as a $200K house in Bellevue, even in this economy! Maybe a $200K piece of property with some wood and concrete on it :D

Shacks are houses too... according to the city.

I wouldn't buy a condo around here, HOAs are borderline terrorist organizations. Good luck ever working on your jeep again. I just moved out of a Condo in Kirkland mainly to get away from the HOA.

This condo has a 2 car garage, so I'm gonna hope that keeps me out of trouble haha. The hoa's are nuts, but in comparison to where I'm from, the property taxes bing so low there make up the difference(minus the liberties).

Not knocking the job at all. And not saying you are "snobby" just saying you will understand how to fit in :D

You will want to change your choice in beer though :wierd: you will find a much better selection of beer here than what you are used to!

Good luck,
Michael

No I hear ya. I can politic when I need to, I just hate it haha. Thankfully she is from Hawaii and really laid back, so I won't have to deal with that at home too haha.

I'm a miller lite fan for my day to day, but I love me some craft beers when I feel like paying for them. Im becoming a gin and tonic drinker during the week tho haha.

I appreciate all the help and comments btw guys.

traditional two car or two car tandem?

Traditional. Otherwise I'd be pissed at what she's looking at. But she's buyin it not me, so I'd just bitch to myself other wise haha. Thankfully i don't have to worry about that bit

i been to all the states this side of the mighty missippi(less hawii and alaska) and i have to say if i couldnt live in the pacific nw i wold go crazy and move to orgon.(i remember a old trucking route my dad used to take and a huge hill of a pass the truckers called cabbage hill. thats where i would go)

as for naxja wa team most of hte active members are in everett area.

and welcome to the area. once you get here you will never want to leave.......

Move to Woodland, that's where all the cool kids live. Plus it's so cheap to live here even I was able to afford to buy a house. I almost always have High Life so you might as well move here.

Back