• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TJ rubicon rims and tires 245/75R16 fit stock XJ???

jorcie7

NAXJA Forum User
Will the wheels and tires fit my stock XJ? How do I find out backspacing? And how tall are these tires in inches?:eek: any help is appreciated.

yes. search will pull up about 50 threads on the same topic including pics

Capture-1.jpg

is your friend

TJ rubicon wheels will fit an XJ. WJ Rubicons(the new ones) have a different bolt pattern.
Here's what the TJ wheels look like on a stock Cherokee(no lift):

Chero-rubicon.jpg

You can drive it around on the street like that, but they rub both front and rear if you try to flex it. They fit fairly well with a couple inches of lift, proper bump-stopping, and some minor trimming.

Thanks for the replies. For any future searchers answer is NO. not on stock height... need 3 -4" lift for them to fit w/o rubbing. And they measure approx. 30.5x9.5 Backspacing is 5" (I think). You can ride it on the street on stock height but will have serious rubbing.

Last edited:
WJ Rubicons(the new ones) have a different bolt pattern.

They are JK Rubicons. The WJ is the Grand Cherokee and has no Rubicon trim in its line up.

Thanks for the replies. For any future searchers answer is NO. not on stock height... need 3 -4" lift for them to fit w/o rubbing. And they measure approx. 30.5x9.5 Backspacing is 5" (I think). You can ride it on the street on stock height but will have serious rubbing.

I have 245/75/16 on 16" silverstars(7" wide vs 8" for the TJ rubicons) and they fit on mj stock height XJ with minor rubbing/trimming. I did end up installing a WJ lower control arm on the left front to add a little clearance.

The 8" wide wheels will stick out a little bit more, you would probably not have the control arm clearance issue, but you would have more problems with the fender flares and such.

With stock mt/r tires, they rubbed the end caps on my 2001 XJ with a 2" bb, so I removed those, added fancy bumpers, and they fit fine.

On my 99 XJ, they fit with a 1 3/4" spacer up front, and Crown HD replacement leafs in the rear. They're not mt/r tires, but the tires are 245/75r16 and measure out to just under 31".

They are JK Rubicons. The WJ is the Grand Cherokee and has no Rubicon trim in its line up.
:doh: I knew that,..

..,not on stock height... need 3 -4" lift for them to fit w/o rubbing. And they measure approx. 30.5x9.5 Backspacing is 5" (I think). You can ride it on the street on stock height but will have serious rubbing.
That's strange. What year is your XJ? After I took the pic I posted, I took the jeep out(It's a '00) and drove it around(street and highway) to see how it worked. I had no rubbing on the street except at full lock, the front tire would just touch the bumper end cap. Drove into a concrete spillway to find out where it would hit. The front contacted the center/top of the flare, and the rear hit the flare and bumper extension well before the bump stops touched(like 1.5" off)
I never measured the tires, but they were brand new take-offs(60 miles on the Rubicon)

Last edited:
Back