• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Just bought a D60 Rear

coldoath

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I went and picked up a full float D60 from, I believe, a '79 Ford F250. I has 3.3 gears and is an 8 lug pattern.

Now I have a few questions, after having searched rather thoroughly. I currently have 15x8 Cragar Soft 8s with the 5x4.5 bolt pattern. Is there anyway to convert the 8 lug to the 5x4.5 pattern? I plan on swapping out the front D30 for a D44 later, but figured I would start with the rear end seeing as how it would probably be easier.

Thank you very much in advance!

In short, no. Plus the inner diameter of the hub opening will be too small. Also, what size tires are you planning on running? With a D60 anything under 35" - 37" is a guaranteed rock anchor.

In short? There are D60s with the 5 lug pattern, can I not swap parts from there?

in semi float vertions yes, not worth the time or money on a full float, just get a 8 lug 44 to match your 60 (ps i hope ya didnt pay alot for that 60)

in semi float vertions yes, not worth the time or money on a full float, just get a 8 lug 44 to match your 60 (ps i hope ya didnt pay alot for that 60)

Haha yea that's why I bought it I got it for $50 bucks. Got it off a friend. Kinda starting to think that a D60 is over kill for 35's lol.

Back