• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ac/heat trouble

usmclovesXJ

NAXJA Forum User
ok when i bought my $500 jeep xj it had no ac or heat and when you try to run the fan nothing happens. the vent setting does not work nor defrost. is this my blower mottor? or is this my relay? i have no blown fuses because i checked the wires and fuses. so i need some help. :helpme::helpme:
any advice or troble shoot is welcome..and my ac has been charged no leaks.:smsoap:

Blower motor resistor is a possibility. First I'd pull the plug at the blower and check for power to the blower motor. No power --> relay is the problem. Power --> motor is the problem.

ok when i bought my $500 jeep xj it had no ac or heat and when you try to run the fan nothing happens. the vent setting does not work nor defrost. is this my blower mottor? or is this my relay? i have no blown fuses because i checked the wires and fuses. so i need some help. :helpme::helpme:
any advice or troble shoot is welcome..and my ac has been charged no leaks.:smsoap:

My first question is when you said the AC has been charged; how was it charged when the ventilation fan is not working?
Since you said you have no blown fuses you need to troubleshoot further. Disconnect the electrical connector to the motor and turn on the fan switch to high and read the voltage to ground with a VOM. If there is no voltage at the motor then you need to check the fan relay and the blower motor resistor as previously posted.
Remove the fan relay and check for continuity on the coil terminals to ensure it will actuate when voltage is applied. Test the motor resistor to see if it has voltage on any terminals and if it does disconnect the connector and measure continuity across the terminals. There should be a measured drop in resistance across the resistor windings for different motor speeds.

thanks i did that and found that my relay is bad. and a bad blower motor. i fixed the relay bc it was melted. and then found my blower motor bad and has been replaced. and now all works. thanks all. you were a big help

Back