• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Homebrew battery box

fasteddieyj

NAXJA Forum User
After installing a new radiator, my upper radiator hose is rubbing up against the battery. I think the easiest option is to move the battery, most likely on the floor behind the driver seat. I was thinking I could build a frame out of some 1 1/2" angle that I have and then add a tab in each corner to mount it to the floor and two more to use the hold down I built for it. The battery is out of my buddies TJ so the factory hold down didn't work with it. Any thoughts?
03212011005.jpg

why don't you just zip tie another piece of hose to the rad hose where it is rubbing? THIS would be the easiest option.......just saying

That battery and bracket look exactly,....well almost like the one in my XJ. Modify the hold down strap a bit and move the battery as far away as possible then tighten the strap. You should be able to get it far enough so it will not touch.

Don't forget, batteries emit hydrogen gas while charging, you will need to build a completely sealed box with a vent tube to mount it safely in the passenger compartment.

Don't forget, batteries emit hydrogen gas while charging, you will need to build a completely sealed box with a vent tube to mount it safely in the passenger compartment.
Yea, I remembered that this afternoon while I was doing some other stuff on the heep. Guess I'll just move it as far away as I can and see what happens.

Back