• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

92 xj, poor runability.

PNW_XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Ok so I have searched and searched on this forum among others. My 92 xj has started running really poorly. It has been popping threw the intake and looses power off idle up to 3k rpm. I checked the compression and its at 130 psi across the board which isnt great but still runable. My fuel pressure is at 20 psi at start-up and drops to 19 psi after abit and I believe it should be in the neiborhood of 40 psi? I have changed the fuel filter so it leads me to believe its the pump but I have also been told it is the fuel pressure regulator, injectors or the tps? Im wondering if anybody can tell me how to narrow it down to what it actually is or do I just start throwing parts at it? any input would be great. Thanks.

Ok, I retested the fuel rail again with the vaccum line off and still no change. I also noticed that when the engine is turned off it loses fuel pressure immediately.

Back