• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Crown parts

jstaples

NAXJA Forum User
I've noticed that many Jeep parts available online are manufactured by Crown. Is the quality of their parts better or equal to OEM? Or are they cheap replacement parts? I like a good deal but not if it means less durable materials or fitment issues.

They're OEM or lower quality but they make some replacement parts you can't find anywhere else. OMIX-ADA is another brand you will come across and is about the same quality as Crown.

Aren't they distributors, rather than manufacturers? According to a few guys on here, some parts are from OEM manufacturers, while some are cheap Asian parts, since the XJ platform was still being manufactured recently over there. I know when I bought some lights, they were in the manufacturer's box, with an Omix/RR sticker on them.

They don't manufacture, they box and resell other parts. The quality is hit or miss. Mostly it's hit, since typically they buy the same parts that the OEM used.

I find OMIX/RR parts to be chintzy crap that is made to look like the original but not to OEM spec. I bought a couple of chrome mirrors from OMIX hoping to get NOS parts since they were an OEM for Jeep, but I ended up with plated plastic trash.

Last edited:
Back