• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stalling hot, starting cold.. Heat? HELP PLEASE

Paultobi

NAXJA Forum User
Ok, im new to this site so I hope Im in the right place. I recently got a 1999 jeep Cherokee, its auto and has the 4.0. around 200,000km, i live in Canada. I got it, drive it home for about 45 min, on my ride I stopped at the store and somewhere else, turned it off and it started no problem, when warm. We changed the coolant because it was really bad looking, not sure if this has anything to do with it but I thought I should add it in. The jeep will start no problem cold, but when it gets to operating temp it stalls and wont start until cools down, I cant drive it anywhere and I got it to take in the woods and thats the last place I want to go with it now. I have read other threads that sound similar, however it seems like there is no solution at the end? It is definitely heat related. I hear bad about the crank senor? the cheapest one I can find is over 100$, could heat affect it, is there any coolant sensor / temp sensor that could cause it? sorry if these are noob questions, i can work on it and have help, i just dont know what to do, and cant talk to the previous owner because he just lies out his rear, any direction would be greatly appreciated.

Also Ill add in all my gauges were not working in my cluster, the lights did, but nothing else, took apart the dash and put a slight bend in all the connectors and cleaned them with electrical cleaner, and they work now. heard that is a common problem, maby my stalling is too?

THANKS!! I took a look and I put in a new crankshaft sensor this evening and the jeep runs great, no stalling, I let it run for a while, all warmed up, drove it around, turned it over warm, it works, Cool, this site is sick. Not only have I fixed my cluster by reading on here, now my jeep works again! VERY HAPPY!!

Back