• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-Case Crossmember drop 2WD

usaf_mike

NAXJA Forum User
Need some help/advice

I took out the 2 studs and 2 bolts out from each side... Piece of cake. I have a 2WD so is really the crossmember.

I cant seem to get it aligned for the life of me to put the bushings in with the bolt. It doesnt line up at all no matter what I do.

Ive tried to use the jack push/pull nothing.

What have you guys done to install the bushings and bolts? The cro

Heres the pics:

46fc397d.jpg

dbe176a0.jpg

3a61f8d5.jpg

Put the bolt and nut on one side, jack up the other side, put on the bolt and nut. I just did it this morning. I have to use a dremel to make two of the slots a pinch longer but no issues getting it back on.

In your pics, I really hope you have something supporting your tranny and its not just hanging.

Put the bolt and nut on one side, jack up the other side, put on the bolt and nut. I just did it this morning. I have to use a dremel to make two of the slots a pinch longer but no issues getting it back on.

In your pics, I really hope you have something supporting your tranny and its not just hanging.

Yea I think I tried that but no luck. Tranny is on a jack right now.

UPDATE:

I got my Daystar 1.25 T-Case/ Crossmember drop kit in today and installed it. What a difference it made in my jeep. I have no vibrations like I used to have and no crazy clunky noises when I let off the gas while driving.

I have a 2WD. If your experiencing any of these symptoms I would get this kit and install it first.

Thanks to all for the help.

how are your drive shaft u-joints? clunks when you let off the gas can mean severly worn driveshaft u-joints.

U joints are fine and the drop kit on my crossmember fixed all my vibration and clunking noises. I now have a smooth ride without any unusual noises. :thumbup:

when I did a new crossmember with my longarms i bolted it to the uni-rails and used a pry bar to get the trans mount bolts to slide in the holes.

Back