• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SierraFest T-shirts?

playwithit

NAXJA Forum User
I found out last year there was a curse on Jeeps that grace the front or back of NAXJA shirts. Most if not all have flopped, flipped or rolled. Of course this was not shared with me until after after my pile was chosen for the 2010 Sierrafest poster child. I narrowly skated disaster a couple months back when I thought I was going to cartwheel down the hill on a trail called Flat Fender Alley at Mix Canyon Challenge.

My thought is that if a new t-shirt is created quickly, with some other unsuspecting soles rig on it, I could fool fate, trick tradition and deny destiny.

With all that being said, do we have plans for a 2011 Sierrafest t-shirt? It seems as everybody is busy right now (Dave), but I would be glad to assist whether it be now or most likely after the event. Disclaimer: I am as artistic as a 1 year old with a belly full of booby milk being burped.

Well you guys can put me down for a XL. I am also willing to help out in any way.

Post up some Good photos of XJ's on the Rubicon or on DV/Slick Rock and I will work on a shirt cover for SierraFest 2011.

Maybe it should be Bryan C.'s rig or Eric's rig because they are doing most the work for this years run?

No input for designs or details, but I'd buy one...

So back in 2006 we had a Rubicon Run in June and a Fordyce/Rubicon/Barrett SierraFest run in August. Most everyone went to the June Rubicon run and we had nice Phil's green Junk shirts made up:

PhillRR_B.png

But no one could take the week off for the SierraFest 2006 and the shirt was never made:
NAXJASC_SierraFestShirt2copy.png

What if I re-use this artwork make it for the 2011 SierraFest for Rubicon/Dear Valley/Slick Rock? You can tell it is a shot of Soup Bowl and of Bryan C.'s Junk . . .

Any thoughts?

What if I re-use this artwork make it for the 2011 SierraFest for Rubicon/Dear Valley/Slick Rock? You can tell it is a shot of Soup Bowl and of Bryan C.'s Junk . . .

Any thoughts?

That last image is pretty cool. If you make any, put me down for an XL.

But no one could take the week off for the SierraFest 2006 and the shirt was never made:
NAXJASC_SierraFestShirt2copy.png

Any thoughts?

I like it. I could tell it was soup bowl.

I have a Phil's 'Rubicon in June' t-shirt - it would be cool to have a 2011 Sierrafest t-shirt too!

I like it. I could tell it was soup bowl.

I have a Phil's 'Rubicon in June' t-shirt - it would be cool to have a 2011 Sierrafest t-shirt too!

You got my vote on Brian C rig...

I like the last one also of Bryan C on Soup Bowl. Soup Bowl is currently my nemesis after getting denied on it last time I went through the 'Con.... I hope to change that this time.

Pre-97, Claytons and orginal MTR's. Got my vote. Not to mention, Bryan's an active supporter of NAXJA and the Sierra Chapter.

Soup Bowl is currently my nemesis after getting denied on it last time I went through the 'Con.... I hope to change that this time.

Soup Bowl is a funky one, I have made it on 33's and larger tires but been denied on 33's 36's and on 37's. I have been denied on 37's in my TJ only to watch Bryan C. walk up it in 33's in his full body XJ!

But getting denied is not that bad . . . it can always get ugly in the soup:

DSC_0391.jpg

KenSoupOver.jpg

KenSoupOverStillin.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0233.jpg

I know it should'nt be funny, but the license plate is ironic.

Dave, You gonna make the trip? It won't be the same without you.

I will be there! Unless someone gives me a Job in the next few days, or my rig is too jacked up to drive!!

I will be under my Jeep for the next few days so I will have to make the shirts after SierraFest . . . again :eek:

I will be there! Unless someone gives me a Job in the next few days, or my rig is too jacked up to drive!!

I will be under my Jeep for the next few days so I will have to make the shirts after SierraFest . . . again :eek:

Well I'm not sure what to say. I really do hope you get a job, but I also want you to go on this run. Such mixed emotions. :bawl::confused1 :banghead:lastara Oops, how did that last one get in there...?? Anyway....

Anyway. Looks like I will be spending the day at work on Saturday getting my pile of crap fixed up for the run.

I'm ready to get out of town.

I will be there! Unless someone gives me a Job in the next few days, or my rig is too jacked up to drive!! :eek:

Need a job? I'm hiring an web developer (GOT Flash, ActionScript, Java, HTML, .NET, ASP.NET, and/or 3DS Max experience?) for a great Global Hawk training development position at Beale. I'm hiring immediately.

I need an XL when you get around to making the shirts. Let me know if you want a red XJ on the shirt....:)

Need a job? I'm hiring an web developer (GOT Flash, ActionScript, Java, HTML, .NET, ASP.NET, and/or 3DS Max experience?) for a great Global Hawk training development position at Beale. I'm hiring immediately.

Would I have to commute to Sac from SJ? :eeks1:

I am more of a traditional graphic designer but here are some of my sites:
www.teamnaxja.com
www.urfracing.com
www.westcoastfabworks.com

Oh and I also make shirts . . . :cheers:

I have two friends who could do the shirts. One can make the design and one can design/print them.

Ill send out the designs to them (bryan at soup bowl) asap.

I have two friends who could do the shirts. One can make the design and one can design/print them.

Ill send out the designs to them (bryan at soup bowl) asap.

Thanks, it is great you got people to volunteer there time and do some free work for NAXJA, we already have a printer but if you can get the design done that would be great.

The Artwork needs to be in Adobe Illustrator format CS3 or newer, PM me about how to get me the art files.

Thanks,
David

Sounds good. Im waiting for my buddy to reply about it.

Are there any other pictures we should consider using for the back of the t-shirt? Or should we just stick with Bryan C in the soup bowl?

How many colors can your printer print?

Back