• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fire Permit/Restriction Info

playwithit

NAXJA Forum User
Thank you Kelly, I now have my copy.

As of now there are no fire restrictions in the El Dorado NF. The plan as I understand it is to apply fire restrictions, if needed, by elevation. If it gets dry enough at the lower elevation, they will have fire restrictions up to a certain elevation.

Below is a link to a online camp fire permit.
http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/sequoia/passespermits/campfire_permit/calcampfirepermit2010.pdf

So the way I was told by a very nice ranger was in El Dorado if the fire danger is bad down town then all of the county is restricted! So even if you are way up in the high snow levels where the spring flowers are just starting and some snow drifts are still in the shady side of the hill tops, but downtown the grass is dry and extremely flammable you can't have even a charcoal fire. You have to respect the fire restrictions for the entire county do to lack of management. (n)

But thanks for the Fire Permit link, if you print it out read it very closely before signing it!!!!!

What's the deal on firewood? With all the restrictions, are we allowed to gather fire wood on the trail? If not, I'll bring a couple of bundles.

What's the deal on firewood? With all the restrictions, are we allowed to gather fire wood on the trail? If not, I'll bring a couple of bundles.

Bring an ax or a saw to help out with wood gathering.

Might want to bring some wood along with you too.

Back