• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

JKS Sway bar extensions

Searching right now too, I'm about to weld mine on in the next few days. The best pics I've found are the ones on the JCR site. I was wondering about the need to preheat the inner C where the mount welds on. When I asked the JCR guy I was told to set the machine for 1/4" and just go for it. I was also curious about the possibility of the heat on the inner C melting the o-rings on my D30 axle tube seals.

Edit: Oops, just noticed you were asking about JKS, not JCR.

I welded some on once without gussets back when I had a 30 and the first time I put stress on them the bent over. Tho, I've seen people have luck with them.

Searching right now too, I'm about to weld mine on in the next few days. The best pics I've found are the ones on the JCR site. I was wondering about the need to preheat the inner C where the mount welds on. When I asked the JCR guy I was told to set the machine for 1/4" and just go for it. I was also curious about the possibility of the heat on the inner C melting the o-rings on my D30 axle tube seals.

Edit: Oops, just noticed you were asking about JKS, not JCR.

do you have aftermarket outer axle seals? because the D30 doesnt only has inners.

From what I can tell, you cut off the part of the stock mount that sticks out forward, then weld these onto the bottom of the stock mount.

From what I can tell, you cut off the part of the stock mount that sticks out forward, then weld these onto the bottom of the stock mount.

Thanks man.. I pretty sure i got that part figured out. Its the Gussets that are a question for me. I think JKS could really improve there site if they had pics of rigs and a close up of the product on it. Hell they might even sell a little more that way.

OH, my bad. The gussets go on the very front edge of the spring perch to the sway bar link. I had a hard time figuring that out too and actually never used mine.

Back