• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Will my USFS antenna work?

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
I'm getting a CB soon and wondering if the antenna my 96XJ came with from the Forest Service will work, or at least if I can use it for something besides keeping watter out of the hole in the roof lol.

Anyone know about these??? What can they run?
http://www.theantennafarm.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=821

I'm reading as fast as I can about CB radio when I'm not working, but it takes time to learn and retain it all, so any help would be awesome guys n gals.
Thanks!

.....wondering if the antenna my 96XJ came with from the Forest Service will work, or at least if I can use it for something besides keeping watter out of the hole in the roof.

No, it won't work for CB. It might work for some of the Amateur Radio frequencies. You can buy a CB antenna that uses the same NMO mounting system. You will probably need new antenna cable also.

This antenna is specifically for the low power output (6W) Public Safety simplex frequencies of 450-470Mhz FM.
The CB frequencies are 26.965 to 27.405 AM.
The NMO mount is generally used for Ham Radio bands. What you will need is a UHF antenna and mount such as a Wilson 1000.

If you were to try to use this antenna on the CB frequencies you would burn out the transmit part of your radio due to high SWRs.

OH No not another green USDA FS XJ....guess I am not alone afterall. THe other guys are right definitely don't want to cook your CB
picture.php

Back