• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Headlights really dim and belt noise after playing in water

FleXJ96

NAXJA Forum User
After some water crossing this weekend, my head lights work, but only about 10% power. Is there somehitng to check or replace that would cause this due to water? Also there is a belt squeeling pretty loud now as well. Sounds like my what my AC belt does every now and then, but it does it with the AC off. If anyone has an idea of what to look at to fix this, please share. thanks again!

sounds like a bad bearing in your alternator that is keeping it from spinning easily. Water/dirt can easily get into it given the stellar location of the factory mount.

keywords: water + electrical problems
knee jerk reaction: drowned alternator

put a voltmeter on the battery running to check if the alternator died (they dont like water). obviously you want 13+v, if its still alive, pull the belt and check to see how she spins.... its probably the alternator, but other pulley bearings couldve gotten messed up too, so check them all till you find your squeeker.

...move that sucker up top where your a/c compressor is!

Back