• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.0 compatibility question

The accessory mounting was changed significantly for '00+ TJ. In order to use your XJ accessories, you would need to drill and machine the block for the necessary mounting points. Alternatively you can use the TJ accessory layout if you get all of the accessories and brackets, with the caveats that (1) you won't be able to use the A/C parts unless you have custom A/C hoses made, and (2) you won't be able to use the stock XJ mech fan and will have to go all electric.

On he other hand, the alternator would be up out of the mud...

ehall has it nailed. You would also need to use the distributor from your 97 as the 00 inly has a Camshaft Position Sensor and uses coil packs. Personally, If I ever built a Stroker, I'll use the late model block precisely to get the accessories moved. It would also leave a space (where our alternators currently live) to add another Sanden for OBA. Mounting a larger capacity alternator would be easier as well. Something to think about...

BTW, going all electric is not a bad idea at all.

interesting i got the motor complete with everything for free lol can,t pass it up i might just drop the ac due to doors always off lol and go with the stroker idea and some electric fans, but what is a Sanden for OBA ?

Back