• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

relocating renix sensor and using 91+ therm. housing?

bcmaxx

NAXJA Forum User
So I remember reading something, somewhere on this. A better reading of coolant temp in the head possibly? So If I remember just a 91 plus housing and coolant temp sensor and re-use the factory cts wires?

For anyone who has done this, did you use the renix sensor or 91+ sensor? I have the newer sensor, and the jeep runs friggen awesome except when cold,first startup, after even a minute, the oxygen sensor starts operating normal, and the heep smooths out

i had to relocate as i have a 99 head and thus no provisions for my stock sending unit. I went to fastenal and found a brass hose fitting with a male end that fit into the stock threads on the thermo housing and tapped out the female portion of the hose fitting with a 1/8th pipe tap. The stock sending screwed in fine and doesn't leak. I just extended the wire for the sensor a foot or so.

IMG_6433.jpg

Your probably not getting the most accurate reading since the probe is recessed in the fitting, they sell size adapters that would sit flush with the t stat housing and let the probe be in more direct flow of coolant.

yeah i think i might just hack off an inch and re-tap the hose fitting. With no provisions in the head this is really the only option unless i want to pull the head just to d/tap it for this one sensor....eff-that.

Back