• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Fuel pump help!!

Xjpride

NAXJA Forum User
Hi I am new to the forum. I have a 1998 Cherokee that i am in the process of dropping a carburated 350 chevy motor in. I am using a ford t18 with my stock 23 spline np231.

I seem to have just about everything figured out except the fuel delivery. I need to no if I need to remove the old pump or if it can be left in place and just unhooked and run a electric pump inline or if I use a mechanical pump if there is a way to remove the in tank and make it work. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks

Use a pressure regulator to drop the FI high pressure down to the, what, 10# the carb wants. Just buy a good one that will take the 40+psi without leaking...

How are you planning to get past the legal issues?

How are you planning to get past the legal issues?

Don't live in a smog nazi state? I could put whatever motor I wanted in my junk and no one would ever know.

Why not just pull the sender, remove the pump and replace it with a piece of hose? Then use a holley red or whatever you want to use externally. It's not a big deal to pull the sending unit.

Back