• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need a measurement from a stocker please...

solomon7

NAXJA Forum User
Could anyone unlifted with a stock driveshaft please measure the distance from the 231 transfer case flange (round red often rusty thing right before the "boot" on the DS) to bottom of the cardan that slides on the slip yoke. There's a sort of "step" right before the cardan starts. I need the distance from the flange to that step where the cardan starts.

In this photo it's the second step right before the cardan. The shiny rust stops at the first step. About 1 1/2" further is the step I need the measurement from. Ya may need to CTRL+scrool to soom in enough. Sorry, it's all I can find.
driveshaft_angle.jpg

I need to know please and thanks guys!

If someone was feeling SUPER KIND it'd be cool if i could get a photo with the measurement points visible to compare mine too. I'm asking a lot I know but it'd help as describing spots can be tough on the web.

Last edited:
might want to post a year or something. off hand i know of 2 tail cones that came on the 231. big difference being from HO's to the 97+

Back