• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

pukegoat to ax 15 4x4 linkage issue.

Mitchen

NAXJA Forum User
i swapped in a HO motor and ax15 tranny just installed my SYE and am putting in the t case but the ax 15 linkage i got is not working!

i have the ax 15 shift rods and the metal ax15 bracket that mounts to the t-case studs after the transfer case is on the transmission. but the hole on the transmission tunnel bracket isnt even close to the hole on the bracket which mounts to the transmission/t-case.

if you understand what i am talking about let me know what im doing wrong! did i forget something from the donor? alll i thought i needed was the shift rods and that bracket on the tranny. !!!1

truck is an 88 new motor/tranny/t-case are from a 94.

Dunno if this helps: A couple months ago I swapped an 88 MJ's 4.0l&ba10 into an 89.5 MJ(mid year had ax15). I had to use the 88's crossmember and driveshaft in order to make it work. I had to buzz off the stud on each side that the 89 used to hold the crossmember in place(each side had a stud w/ nut and hole w/ bolt). 88's and earlier don't have the stud(two bolts each side). Did you use the ax15's crossmember?

Dunno if this helps: A couple months ago I swapped an 88 MJ's 4.0l&ba10 into an 89.5 MJ(mid year had ax15). I had to use the 88's crossmember and driveshaft in order to make it work. I had to buzz off the stud on each side that the 89 used to hold the crossmember in place(each side had a stud w/ nut and hole w/ bolt). 88's and earlier don't have the stud(two bolts each side). Did you use the ax15's crossmember?

yes i used the ax 15 crossmember i had to tap the frame rail to accept to new cross member which mounted farther back.
i do not think it is an issue with the crossmember. i think i am missing something from the shift linkage possibly i do not know what though.:wierd:

also another thing the thing on the back of the high output motors valve cover is the pcv valve then the oil cap is in the middle what is the hole for in the front? i need to replace it because i lost that piece.. not sure what it is i believe it goes to a brass fitting on the intake though.

You need the backet that bolts in to the drivers side trans tunnel. One has the pivot point. In the middle of the bracket, one has it at the end of the bracket. Went throught this with my swap.

You need the backet that bolts in to the drivers side trans tunnel. One has the pivot point. In the middle of the bracket, one has it at the end of the bracket. Went throught this with my swap.

alright! thank you! :clap: i am taking a trip to the wrecking yard tomorrow for a driveline and other misc parts so i will snag that while i am in there.

alright! thank you! :clap: i am taking a trip to the wrecking yard tomorrow for a driveline and other misc parts so i will snag that while i am in there.

if you still can't get it figured out PM me and I'll go take a picture underneath the 87 with an AX-15.

if you still can't get it figured out PM me and I'll go take a picture underneath the 87 with an AX-15.

i got it figured out today, just had trouble getting it off at the wrecking yard because i thought the nuts were underneath and realized they were part of the bracket so i had to move a seat to get the bolts out from under the carpet..

but the 4x4 shifts in and out perfect thanks for the help!

Back