• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Tell ME!!!

NewBreedCustom

NAXJA Forum User
Ok got everything set up to install my lift next week. I have sprayed the sh*t out of all bolts and hardware with PB blaster. Got all the new components and hardware ready to go! I have read pleanty of threads about lifts and obstacles to overcome but I want to see if there are any other tips or tricks I haven't seen to be aware of. And also how much realistic time to set aside for this as this is my DD right now. Thanks a lot fellas!!:viking:

My buddy Waggy and I did his lift in roughly 8 hours.
That was between a few beers and some chatting.
We had issue with the trackbar bolt on the axle.
The bolt was siezed in the bushing sleeve and was snapped it off.
So instead of relocating it an inch to the left he ended up getting an adjustible
trackbar.
Good luck and don't forget the pictures!!!
Stukboy

Make sure you have a propane torch handy, as PB Blaster alone may not be enough for some bolts. If a bolt seems to be seized, err on the side of caution and do a couple rounds of heat and more PB Blaster over the course of 30 min or so, then give it another go. This was especially important on the leaf spring bolts (be sure to shoot the torch and the PB Blaster through the hole in the frame rail where the weld-in nut is).

You might also want to buy a new grease boot for the drag link TRE (at the pitman arm)... Disconnecting the drag link makes spring installation (and axle manipulation) considerably easier.

just do it.

nike-just-do-it-300x300.jpg

pffft..... i barely ever need gas, but propane works fine.... why over complicate seized bolts that the dude hasnt even found yet?....

OK, OK, I got it! Just do it! I don't know why I am hesitant on doing it, I guess cause I have done so much every where else on the jeep I don't want to screw it! Looks like I am getting dirty this weekend ( my weekend which consists of tuesday, wednesday, thursday off!!) Oh, BTW it is an 89 with no rust anywhere (not found yet!!!) and a rear wiper that still works perfectly!!

Back