• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

H4 upgrade guestion

ruger81

NAXJA Forum User
92 xj I bought the vision x h4 headlight housings clear face with hella bulbs. 100/80w
They are super bright definitely way better my concern is the wiring will it last or will it burn its all stock as far as I know.. so far no problems have used them as long as 4 hours straight .. thanks, Chad

The stock wiring is pretty wimpy. I upgraded mine and the difference was amazing. You could potentially have a meltdown.

Search around, there's a post here that's pages and pages long... It may take a while to muddle through it all, but it's worth it. There's a huge amount of info in that post...

Just curious, are those bulbs legal? Here in the nanny state of Cali we can't run anything over 55 watts....

Try this...

http://208.101.10.250/~naxjaor1/forum/showthread.php?t=906034

Last edited:
the thing about the go-jeep harness is, is ive recommended people build there own harness for like 3-4 years.... then they buy the $30 ebay harness, and it doesnt fit right, or even work... and you have no new skills to trouble shoot it... if you build the go-jeep harness, when your done, you can diagnose any basic relay! and you make it custom to fit....

LMC truck H4 harness for early 90s s-10, or eautoworks h4 harness.

Back