• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

School me on ECU's from 1991 - 1995

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well in the middle of a project that we need some advice / words of experience with.

Body = 1992
Engine = 1992 with 2000 int
All wiring under hood (actually full body) is removed, but saved.

We are looking to use a 1995 ECU if possible.

So is there a difference in the ECU physical harness and pins, between a 1991 and 1995?

Anyone know of any good write ups, that show/talk about, stripping out everything non-essential to a engine stand alone system, using the stock harness and ECU, by just stripping out wires from the stock harness?

We will not be using the charcoal canister, starter, or CEL stuff, if we can help it.

Will need to be Push to start and a master kill, that includes the Ign circuit.

We are in the preliminary portion of figuring this out. We saw that Painless once offered a stand alone system that would have been tits for this, but looks like it was a very short lived product.

i do know 91 and 92 have different computers, and the other sensors are slightly different, example i believe the CPS has a different amount of pulses per revolution readings from the flywheel.

all i know is if you have a 91 or 92, you need a 91 or 92 computer, of course you could swap wiring from the whole donor vehicle.

91 and 92 are kind of unique beasts in some ways like this.

Back