• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 pops after spartan install

socal_xj

NAXJA Forum User
So i installed a spartan locker in my D30 front axle yesterday and pops bad every time i turn left it jerks the wheel. Can any one help with this thanks in advance

Does the Spartan have the same style instructions that the Aussie or Lockright do? I know the Aussie and Lockright require certain measurements from a few points to ensure proper functionality.

Yes something is wrong. Pop the cover and take a measurement of the gap between the two center drivers at the very least. Make sure it measures between spec from the instructions. If it does not that is your problem. If it does take it out and make sure all pins feely move in their holes, there should be no bind whatsoever. Did you use the new cross pin that came with the kit?

It could be stuck engaged in the front. Whenever I take it out of 4wd, I have to drive in forward and reverse while switching in and out of 4wd until my Aussie unlocks.

Here's my Spartan if it helps.

DSCN6798.jpg

works mint.

Back