• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1994 with rot etc, keep or sell

edmaude

NAXJA Member #1368
Folks,

Have been without a Cherokee for a while now and just inherited a 1994 sport that has some issues. Floor rot being the biggest concern. We really do not need a third vehicle, but I am toying around with leaving it up at our families lake home as a good beater to use in foul weather and for trips into the woods with my dog etc.

Jeep only has 115k on it and engine, trans, transfer case, axles all seem to be in good shape. The floors are bad though and I also need to change the waterpump, shocks, assorted fuel and radiator lines and lastly new rotors and pads up front.

I don't weld and would do a home fix sheet metal and screw with tar patch on the floors. The Jeep looks rough anyway with faded paint, stained seats and a smashed up front bumper

It is worth putting a few hundred bucks in parts or simply selling it on craigslist? I never should have gotten rid of my last Jeep, oh well

Thanks for any input
Ed

A vehicle that's already rusty and old will suffer pretty badly if it's left unused for long periods of time. If it's left outdoors, you may find that it's not worth it, because you'll just keep throwing brake rotors and the like at it. Otherwise, though, the floor job is pretty easy. Sheet metal and self-drilling screws can make a nice tight job. The rest of the stuff can be done at leisure as needed, and if the Jeep is sound, you might as well keep it.

Back