• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Part# for centering ball 93-95 V8 ZJ front shaft

JeepCherokeeGuy99

NAXJA Forum User
Well after having vibes on the freeway I looked at my rear driveshaft (front shaft off a 95 zj v8) and noticed this:

IMG_20110712_205615.jpg

1. I was missing a bolt attaching the shaft to the SYE yoke
2. All other bolts were hand loose
3. One of my caps fell out.

This is what it looks like on the centering ball. I believe I'm going to need a new one, as you can see in the top right of the yoke, its been ground off a bit.
IMG_20110712_211056.jpg

I've spent the last two hours looking for that damn part on ebay, autozone, google, etc. Anyone have a part number for it and or a link to where I can purchase it from?

Also, the yoke at the transfer case was ground off very mildly. Does it look like I should get a new yoke there too? If not, will the new U-joint im going to be putting in be affected by this?

IMG_20110712_211106.jpg

look at the bottom left hole. Missing a little bit of metal.

Thats been that way for quite some time,might want to re-think your maintanence program.Looks like the one bolt may never have been there. :repair:

Here is the assembly-yolk and ball/seal.
spicer 211544X
Neapco 7-0082 (NG)
Rockford 404B

Here is just the ball,Advance Auto Parts have the ball in stock at most places.
CV centering repair kit , includes ball & gimble, spring, and seal

Neapco 7-0081NG
I just replaced mine.

Thats been that way for quite some time,might want to re-think your maintanence program.Looks like the one bolt may never have been there. :repair:
It started vibrating at 70mph+ about a week ago. I excused it for my front tires being out of balance because of the WJ brake swap I just did which took off my tape weights. I personally installed all 4 bolts when I put the shaft in, however, I think I should have put some loctite in. Do you recommend loctite on driveshafts?

I just rebuilt a ZJ shaft, and it uses the same parts just different tube lenght
Nice! so the center yoke off an XJ front shaft is compatible?
Here is the assembly-yolk and ball/seal.
spicer 211544X
Neapco 7-0082 (NG)
Rockford 404B

Here is just the ball,Advance Auto Parts have the ball in stock at most places.
CV centering repair kit , includes ball & gimble, spring, and seal

Neapco 7-0081NG
I just replaced mine.

Thanks for the info! You guys rock!:worship:

Right on! That's definitely good to know

god damn 80 bucks! How much for a spicer part? I believe the spicier replacements also have grease zirks.

you can't change the greasable for the non-grease style,the tip on the drive shaft is different diameter.I wish you could...I would shop around too for the pricing-I would get a j yard shaft for like 20 $-around here anyways-and buy the ball for $20-$30....and ust the one from j yard shaft--I might have an extra somewhere...PM if you need it.

If you need to drive it, you can borrow my front d-shaft for now. You have to pull it tho.

Back