• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Increasing lift...

Southern96XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I bought my 96 a month ago, looks to have 3" lift coils on it and add a leaf. I want to add 2" coil spacers and shackles. Opinions seem to differ on what else needs to be upgraded along with increased lift. From what I have read searching , it appears I will need an adjustable trac bar for sure? Also what I was guessing is sway bar disconnects, shocks and brake lines? When is the drop pitman needed? Any advice would be great, if some one thinks I should go a whole different direction in type of lift please share, I don't have a huge budget, so I need to plan what to save for. Thanks!

Right around 5" is where you want to modify your drive-train.

To do it the right way, a SYE kit, lengthened driveshaft and pinion angle shims should be installed.

To bandaid, you can drop the T-Case.

You will need an adjustable track bar or re drill the stock track bar mounts.

Also, you want to make sure your shocks are the right length, or else you will limit your offroad performance, reduce your on-road ride quality, and ultimately damage them

Well then I guess my main question, is all this worth it, if I can't afford tires right now? Seeing as I would still have the same ground clearance.... My current set up has the trac bar redrilled about an inch to the right, but the sway bar seems to be contacting the frame near the driver side coil and it makes a poping sound when turned all the way left.

Last edited:
Back