• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Frame Stiffening

wheeling365

NAXJA Forum User
I'm in the market for some kind of basic frame stiffening on my 00XJ. I'm considering this bolt on since I don't have a welder and don't want my XJ down for a few days at a shop waiting to get done. I'm also not really looking for or need rocker protection currently as its 90% DD and some mild off-road until I get my other jeep finished. I figure that at some point down the road I can have some rocker guards fabbed up using these as a base to build from.

http://tandjperformance.com/store/i...roducts_id=3&zenid=gm8nit2rf5m3vt2rboa9bqsl84

Their site says they are a sponsor here and I was looking for some feedback if anyone has used these? The shipping cost seems a bit high which is making me debate having a set made locally.

I'm pretty sure that requires welding. Either way, if you want the frame stiffeners to actually do something, they really need to be welded to the frame.

Get the weld on kind and do most of the prep work yourself and find a local welder to finish the welding process. You have to remove the transmission crossmember to put these frame stiffeners on and without welding yet they can be sandwiched between the transmission crossmember and the original frame and you can then drive it to a shop that can weld it up for you probably while you wait and then give it back. I wouldn't drive around without it welded up as it would not do anything at that point but would be safe enough to drive to a local welder. Doing the prep yourself will also cut down on installation cost.

Back