• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Moving airbag controller

Onetype

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone moved their airbag controller to a different location? If so where? Mine cant go in the original location behind the e-brake due to some other stuff in the way, so its been sitting on my tool bench for a while. I need to get my inspection done and im tired of putting it in and taking it out.

I built a metal storage box that I can lock, replaces the plastic piece. I ended up putting the airbag controller under the seat. I heard of problems from them being under there so I might try and seal it off with a tupperware container or something.

before the recall it was located under the drivers seat. mounts should still be located there.

the recall relocated it to under the center council. what exactly is the problem with that location?

I believe the original problem was due to moisture. I know up here the carpet gets very wet in the winter months, and since it seeps from where your feet are, it would end up under the seats. the stock mount was rather low, but for the OP that would probably NOT be a problem.

I mounted it up off the floor with some 1x1. It was rolling around under the seat for about a year between inspections when It wasnt connected and its still working fine. It would take a little bit of water to mess with it and it hasnt rained here in like 6 months.

Last edited:
Back