• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Full width axles and rims...

Jerm S.

NAXJA Forum User
I recently got two ford super duty HPD60 front ends. One of them is an ebay item the other i would like to use on my rig. How ever i have been told that you can't buy 15" rims for a super duty. so i have to run a 16.5" or higher. But i have been told that 16.5" rims don't hold the bead very well. so what do you guys say would it be ok to wheel a 16.5" rim in some pretty tuff stuff.

TIA
Jerm s.

Thats why most running 16.5 rims are running hummer beadlocks. Are you can now run a two piece rim double beadlock from this man.Rims

SuperDuty bolt patterns are tough to find in beadlocks but John Staz offers some nice ones.

I would not run a 16.5 inch tire and wheel combo at less than 18 psi, higher with some of the TSL tires with stiff sidewalls. You will blow beads very frequently.

CRASH

I would consider 17" rims for fullsize.....

there is gonna be greater and greater market support for this size as time goes on.....

its a great way to swallow your big disc brakes and calipers while being able to suck up your rim to a numerically larger offset.

chopping fullsize axles for optimal tracwidth becomes unecessary.

Back