• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

how do i check the blend door for the heater

1980dg

NAXJA Forum User
i know how to check the vacuum lines i need to know how to check the electrical part is there a .5 amp fuse some where i looked threw all the old posts and cant find the info it is a 99xjsport4.0

looking for a way to check the blend door motor to see if it is getting 12v to it is there a fuse just for it where do the wires run to that hook up to the blend door

OK, lets start from the beginning. What are the symptoms?

If it is always on the defroster, you most likely have a vacuum leak.

no it doesnt come out of defroster at all , but will select from floor to dash.
the heater lines running into the heater core both get hot i checked for vacuum leaks and dont have any my ac works and my blower motor

ok i just checked the electric blend door actuator under the pass side where u put your feet tords the senter console it spins slow and about a 1/4 to 1/2 turn is that what it should do is thare any other actuators that i can check by the way when u turn it to defrost you can hear the fan push lots of air when its on high but no air comes out please help

This is what i did worked better than i thought it would. i pulled the dash, and inner dash to check all my blend doors. I found that my blend door for my defrost that is ran off the vacuum on the middle dial, the shaft had some how pulled out and the gear was not in the door. I fixed it. also didnt wont to pull the heater cole box, so i cut a hole in it just left of where u can see when u pull the glove box down. I was not only able to see the blend door for the heater/ac work, but i was able to put my hand on the face of the heater core. With my motor heated up I put my hand on the heater core, and it was not hot, but the hoses where. i have read a good deal on this. i have seen some people say the core cant get clogged up, and others say it can .It is a 99 and sat in the junk yard for a wile. when i got it it had the mud in the radiator. so i think im going to try to flush it out. also i put a clear plastic peace over the hole i cut so u can see the blend door move anytime u wont to. it worked nice so far dont leek a lot of air. To make the hole i used a razor knife and heated the blade with a pocket torch.

This is what i did worked better than i thought it would. i pulled the dash, and inner dash to check all my blend doors. I found that my blend door for my defrost that is ran off the vacuum on the middle dial, the shaft had some how pulled out and the gear was not in the door. I fixed it. also didnt wont to pull the heater cole box, so i cut a hole in it just left of where u can see when u pull the glove box down. I was not only able to see the blend door for the heater/ac work, but i was able to put my hand on the face of the heater core. With my motor heated up I put my hand on the heater core, and it was not hot, but the hoses where. i have read a good deal on this. i have seen some people say the core cant get clogged up, and others say it can .It is a 99 and sat in the junk yard for a wile. when i got it it had the mud in the radiator. so i think im going to try to flush it out. also i put a clear plastic peace over the hole i cut so u can see the blend door move anytime u wont to. it worked nice so far dont leek a lot of air. To make the hole i used a razor knife and heated the blade with a pocket torch.

Good so you found the door problem. For the heater core just run low pressure water back and forth thru it and see if that helps.

i have heard that i should cut the hoses off the heater core so i dont break the inlet or outlet befor flushing is this true

Back