• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What 4.5 lift to get now??

Outlander560

NAXJA Forum User
Hey guys and gals. starters own a 2001 xj aw4 np231...8.25 in rear HPd30 in front..

Now I had everything I needed to order for my rig finally set in stone until I read a thread posted about rough country's x-flex joint issues. I would rather not purchase a lift for that cost add another 200 for currie joints and another 200 for a decent panhard bar...just sounded stupid in my head.

So I want to ask you all what lift should I get. RC's out. RE is out of business..what 4.5 inch lift comes with everything I would need and be as satisfied with it as possible without having to give my right nut to buy it.

(did a search for lift kits on here was not to successful)

Clayton. Discussion over

kind of a bit much..but has crossed my mind a few dozen time..does anyone know about rustys 4.5 inch long arm lift? how is it

Rusty's isn't that great. My advice, buy something good. Do it once instead of redoing it in a couple years when your cheap joints wear out.

Dude, I have the RC and everyday I wish I had went with the Clayton. Do yourself a favor, save just a little more money, and buy the kit you want the first time. No regrets brochacho

dammit! here we go again...i just don't want to get the shaft on a lift..like previously stated from members buy the better lift..which i think i might just do

I know everyone has different experiences with lifts...and i want capability so my last 2 choices are

CLAYTON or

IRO's long arm lift (which only thing that has my stomach in knots about that lift is the 3 link setup...does't seem sturdy enough)

SORRY ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST'S...BAD HABIT

yea i have yet to hear one bad thing about them...looks like im getting clayton...done deal thread closed...thanks gentlemen

Last edited:
absolutely love my old man emu hybrid kit I got from Dirk at dpg offroad. GREAT service and ready to anwer ?'s or concerns before during or after purchase.
my lift was perfect for my needs Great DD ability and great adventure/expedition rig. Not too hardcore to be roadworthy on a long hwy trip. I got the super ultimate o.m.e. Hybrid it is complete it used to come w dpg adj. Rear bumpstops but they don't make those anymore so I added jks adj. Bumps on mine. And after telling dirk I had a bumper and winch going on he switched em to the grand 'rokee v8 front springs so I wouldn't sag .

but Claytons stuff looks Bad A** and if I was goin any taller or long arm I wouldve saved for the claytons. But have no experience w them.

edit : haha typed this like 3 hours ago and forgot to hit post reply.. Now

Last edited:
If it were me I'd peice a 4.5 inch lift together, each company has their good and bad parts.

That's what I kind of just did with Dirk at DPG offroad. My kit is build with JKS and Old Man Emu + some of DPG. He asked me what I wanted to do with the Jeep and added specific stuff for that! Can't wait to get it!!

Clayton's stuff is the best I've seen. There's something about a non-mass produced product that attracts me. His customer service is the best I've dealt with. I've also purchased from Dirk, and his customer service is exceptional as well. Clayton's kit runs JKS, Betts springs, Currie joints, etc., but the part that made me pony up $1500 was the fact that Clayton answers the phone. He builds the parts. He runs King of Hammers. And I can go on. He's not an armchair wheeler. He gets out in the shit. That's why i run his kit. Very solid. No worries whatsoever. And FYI, the lifetime warranty is for the control arms only.

I agree that the Clayton seems tuff. After my research on different forums (from US and Canada), I can tell you that both the one from Clayton and the one from DPG Offroad got only good reviews. So I think if you go with any one of them, you are going to be in bisiness!!!

Back