• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Spring Creek Last Monday

time2getdirty

my cats breath smells
NAXJA Member
So after a week, I finally have some pictures to show. This was the shake down run to see if this Tcase would hold up for the drive. It did, but screaming the entire way like a banshee. Once we got to the trail head, My Dad and I aired down and unhooked our sway bars, another guy in a LJ on 37s stoped and decided to come with us. The trip went pretty well, was worried about the tcase the entire time, having the deeper gearing was awesome though! I pretty much tried the stupidest lines we could find, and my jeep just worked. My dad was trying to take it easy because "Mom" was upset about him tearing his jeep up. I made my dad take a harder line at the obstacle before the rock garden, and since his MTR W/K didnt hook up, he slid off and scratched his Limited edition wheels (It was actually because I turned around and started walking and wasn't paying attention to him turning down into a valley.... Sorry dad). When we got to the rock garden my dad tried to spot me up the hard side but he couldn't find the right line, so we switched seats. I spotted him up and then he got my jeep high centered on both axles, similar to Garret last year at COFest. I spotted the other LJ through the hard section and then we crawled to the top where we had lunch. My dad really wanted to take the long way down, so we did. Was an awesome trip, and it was the first time for both of the people in our passenger seats. Both of them could not stop asking about what kind of jeep they should buy because they are hooked!

Here are some Highlites:
a0cn10.jpg

15x03z7.jpg

25jbn7d.jpg

nvci7r.jpg

iqzuv9.jpg

aoazbs.jpg

r1zp12.jpg

2nqb5uv.jpg

11lj3m1.jpg

30m2t6r.jpg

2v8iliv.jpg

5k3f5k.jpg

2j4579v.jpg

15x8p6f.jpg

Here is the link to the album:
http://tinypic.com/useralbum.php?ua=yNpp1IhQAgvMp0WQIhLpTQ%3D%3D&page=1&sort=oldest

Should have video soon

Last edited:
I ran this last nite with My friend Rick with YJ on 37's ,and my brother John who I let drive after the first obstacle , And spotted him for most of the trail ...putting him everywhere I could to tippy the Jeep ...lol. I put him on the extreme far left of obstacle number 2 ,and had him just stand on it , but a coil popped out , and it made a boom like a busted axle or drive shaft , and his instict was to stop ,which made for some fun getting the coil back in since when he stopped he slid back and was a little stuck on the 14 bolt and the coil was stuck in the mix beating up my brake line/shock , and we still needed to bring the driver tire up on the far left rock again to flex enough to even try to reseat the coil without completely destroying the brake line ...But it was cool to watch him nearly roll and never ask to get out of the drivers seat ...

A night run sounds awesome! Let me know when you want to go again!

I got to get the gas tank replaced/ trap front coils/ put on the trans coolers/get very leaky ports on psc box fixed ...should have all the important stuff done next weekend ... So I'll hit you up then ... The trans coolers are a must that trail is a constant climb ,and my ATF is no longer even remotely red after the run the 2.72 stock low range an 40's is just a tad tall on the long climb as well ( I smell Atlas round the close corner) ...My aux fan is shot as well ,so I'm eye-balling the the fancy tripple electric fan set up I've seen on here awhile ago .

Glad to hear the t-case didn't explode. So how bad is it on the street? Does your stereo suffice in covering it up or are your ears bleeding?

Jeep looks good. The case didnt seem too loud.

Why's no one take the left line on the slab or really far right line on the obsticle in your last video...

I think the line on the slab looks better because I usually pop a wheelie ( Small example ) . The line on the right IMO is not as hard as the line I took, but could be wrong.
Mike, come with us next time and show me your lines so I can try em!

The case doesn't make the noise in 4low because that's when the planetary is getting power, it makes the noise when in idle IE: when driving around town when you don't want to make bad noises.

I could be wrong, its been a year since i have been up there. just seems like the far left line gets pretty tippy and slick as compared to the right. But you have been up there more than me :dunno:

I personally liked the left line on the garden. Haven't been up there this season. Guess we will have to get a run planned out.

I personally liked the left line on the garden. Haven't been up there this season. Guess we will have to get a run planned out.
Where you went in the rock garden was a killer line. im talking left line on the big slab or whatever. then on the turn where everyone said you were gonna flop to go even further right....

lets get up their kiefer. i need to go up since i can actually play up there and get pics of the lines i am talkin about

Been looking at a few photos and videos of Spring Creek trail ,and now see why obstacle number 2 does not look like the obstacle that I dropped my coil on the far left line while letting my bro drive...lol...becuse I dropped it on the far left line of obstacle number 3 ...I never realized obstacle 2 was an obstacle ,at night it really did not look like much ... do you think it could be the 10inch lift and 40's ?...lol

Been looking at a few photos and videos of Spring Creek trail ,and now see why obstacle number 2 does not look like the obstacle that I dropped my coil on the far left line while letting my bro drive...lol...becuse I dropped it on the far left line of obstacle number 3 ...I never realized obstacle 2 was an obstacle ,at night it really did not look like much ... do you think it could be the 10inch lift and 40's ?...lol
That trail is super confusing as far as what is what. We should put number signs on the trail to clear things up..
Ya, I'm guessing 40's make most trails seem like access roads....

Back