• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another electrical adventure lol

kdub41

NAXJA Forum User
Vehicle:96 cherokee classic 4x4

can someone post a picture of a fuse panel lay out for a 96 cherokee? and what weird is that my windows work from the drivers door but not from the other doors? also i have no dash lights, but i do have guage lights, and now gear selection or 4x4 selection lights?? and when i bought the jeep the radio didnt work and when i took it into the radio shop they said there was a loose ground to the fuse box. But what i dont understand is why does everything else work flawlessly except for windows and dash lights?

The window issue is the switch in the drivers door.

Note from DJ I think you have multiple non related problems.
Your post
“Can someone post a picture of a fuse panel lay out for a 96 cherokee? and what weird is that my windows work from the drivers door but not from the other doors? also i have no dash lights, but i do have guage lights, and now gear selection or 4x4 selection lights?? and when i bought the jeep the radio didnt work and when i took it into the radio shop they said there was a loose ground to the fuse box. But what i dont understand is why does everything else work flawlessly except for windows and dash lights?”

Problems
  • “Can someone post a picture of a fuse panel lay out for a 96 cherokee? I can’t help you on that”.
  • “And what weird is that my windows work from the driver’s door but not from the other doors”?
Might be related to this post
Windows lockout bypass

NAXJA http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=931331&highlight=power+window
  • “Also I have no dash lights, but I do have gage lights”. I am not clear on the difference between dash & gage lights. But have you checked for burned out bulbs?
  • “And now gear selection or 4x4 selection lights”? If that light is not working check the bulb.
Regarding radio not working. The shops diagnosis of “a loose ground to the fuse box” is confusing. A loose power wire would be more logical.

The only thing I can add is, there is a lock-out switch on the drivers door which prevents all other door switches from working. Check that before getting into the wireing.

yea its not the lock out switch i did check that haha and thanks for everything trying to help that is why i love this site.

hopefully its just bulbs cuz now that i think about it the glove box light works but not the other ones so hopefully its just bulbs

Back