• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TSF RUN 7-9-11

AwesomeXJ

NAXJA Forum User
thinking about making a run out to tsf sat. The 9th of july. I'm going to modify my leaf springs a little bit and want to do a little shake down. Prob. do cedar tree, fb5, saddle up, airplane hill (if its open), and hogback.
So who game.

I think I will be down for this. Maybe get a TJ to tag a long. Airplane hill is quiet the run. I hope it is open. I wonder how its changed.

What about we sprinkle a little Can opener, rocky uphill and waterfall also? If its a small group, we should be able to cover some ground.

Ya its funny cause the last few trips I've taken to tsf I always say cedar tree and fb5 and almost always end up doing powerline rocky uphill and all that area or I'll end up running everything. I usually get out there around 9am and don't return til around 9pm. Itsjust the way I roll.

I'm willing to talk crap about ZJ's..

I'll also put up with your music.. as long as it's not Creed..

I dont smoke (but smoking dont bother me)
I can keep it to one swear word a sentence..
I'll shower the night before
I'll bring my own lunch

Who'm i riding with?

Bonus, I have been on every trail in TSF.. I'll bring the map, and we can try some trails you have likely never been on.. (adventure!)

I got you scott. I can pick you up at 7am.

I actually didn't modify my rear pack seeing as how I'm buying torxs. So having another heffty fellow might help keep me level. Lol.

I too have been on most every trail exept 7up airplane hill and university firepower. Which are the 3 trails I really wanna run.

7up has 2 sections, one is gay, the other will kill you.
The other two are fun.. airplane hill will turn into a winchfest with 33s.. but your locked, so i'm game! I'll bring my gloves haha!

have you tried Bates rd or rogers road? how about climbing "ample and alluring" or gone way Off camber on the very backside of archers? None of these are extremely challenging, but if you get a chance.. they are a nice change of pace if your ever camping up there and you dont want to repeat the same trails, one weekend!

7up has 2 sections, one is gay, the other will kill you.
The other two are fun.. airplane hill will turn into a winchfest with 33s.. but your locked, so i'm game! I'll bring my gloves haha!

have you tried Bates rd or rogers road? how about climbing "ample and alluring" or gone way Off camber on the very backside of archers? None of these are extremely challenging, but if you get a chance.. they are a nice change of pace if your ever camping up there and you dont want to repeat the same trails, one weekend!

Is Bates Road open? Last time I ran it, it was so washed out.. there was MAJOR pucker factor going up that climb..

If its just going to be us 2, maybe we airdown at Lyda or drive our to the beginning of archers.. and Airdown.. I love the two hill climbs right at the beginning of archers.. the off camber at the top really puts the AH in ah ha!

I have my winch back! so lets go get stuck!

I had front end problems last time I tried Airplane hill.. had to back out of the filter.. Justin Blew a drivers side U-Joint and lost a shaft last weekend.. Can't wait to give it a go.

Where is all the awesome wheelers in the NWC.. PAGING MOJOJOJO.. MOJOJOJO Please post up Your attendance is requested..

Bad news boys........................ I just found out that my crankshaft pulley is coming apart. it has seperated by 1/4 of an inch. I have no r/r brakes and r/l brakes are metal on metal. EGR valve is bad and I'm pissing atf from my left side radiator fitting. I could wheel it anyways but now that i know I'm on a road to catastrophic failure I gotta fix it. I'm sorry guys. I'm so depressed now...... Have fun.

Back