• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Renix Fault B1040

socal billl

NAXJA Forum User
Does anyone know what this Renix fault is? I had my 89 XJ waggy hooked up to an electronic diagnostic tester,and it indicated "Fault B1040 Latched B+ Line Low"

It's a 1989 Wagoneer 4.0 with an auto.
Any help would be appreciated-

How did you get that fault code?

I asked because unless you have a factory or SnapOn scanner you can't get info on a Renix. If the latch voltage is low, I wouild change the B+ Latch Relay. Did it say how much too low it was?

Old Man,
The tester did not say how low or what the reading was. I did change out the relay and re-ran the test. The results were the same.

If I get a chance, I will look at the schematics and see where it runs and where on the test connector you can plug a voltmeter to see what it reads.

FYI I had the same issue when I plugged that same scanner into my red Jeep. I was pressed for time so did not completely diagnose it. I did swap out the relay with no change.

Bill - Just for the hell've it try another '89, I forget it the Bird is an '89 or not. My red Jeep is an '89, perhaps the fault is really the tool.

Back