• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Factory TJ tow hooks with C4X4 brackets?

MG2000XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I recently bought a set of used C4X4 tow hook brackets without the hooks. I have everything installed and either need to head to TSC and get hooks, order some with grade 8 hardware from C4X4 or try to use some TJ hooks I have laying around with some grade 8 hardware.

The hooks are just like these, http://70.47.98.46/images/SB7786__lg.jpg but Im wondering if the offset to the side would effect the strength? I could arrange them with the hooks offset to the outside of the brackets or swap them around so they are offset to the inside.

What's you take on this idea? Should I just order some from C4X4?

Thanks a lot, Morgan

i wouldnt use the TJ hooks, they brackets are flimsy at best. i had a pair that bent the first time out. and upon installation of my JCR bumper found that my frame rail was bent up as well. i would think having hooks offset would put even more stress on them.

my opinion... consider those tow hooks temporary and get yourself something better, asap.

Back