• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

XJ door removal help?

jeepster35

NAXJA Forum User
i was thinking of removing my doors on my 00 xj when i go wheeling and i was wondering if theres anything i should know about or tips i should know before doing so. anyone have any ideas on the front door speakers. any pics of speaker boxes anyone made.

most say to not take the doors off the hinge. i did... if you do this, be sure to scribe the door, plate, hinge, and (possibly) shims so that you can line it back up. itll be closer than a C-hair. also, be sure not to get the top and bottom peices mixed up or youll be in for a world of realigning. ask me how i know. :anon:

leave the post on the top hinge a little longer than the bottom that way you can line up the top, and as your dropping it in the bottom will be easier to locate in the hole.

lastly, take your grinder and bevel the bottom of the posts on the hinge. also, take a large bit bevel the top of the hole on the body so that the hinges kind of locate themselves and drop right in.

as for speakers... i plan to install a sound bar over the drivers seats. a company does make kicker pannels with speaker holes but they are a little pricey. i only take mine off for wheeling where the noise coming from the back of the jeep is just enough.

check the MWC, there is a thread there. and you can introduce yourself:
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1063970

Back