• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Proper Measurments

98XJLongBuild

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently trying to get my front end squared away. I have a 98 XJ with a 6.5" lift, sitting on 31" tires mounted on a stock D35 mounted with adjustable control arms. The problem that I am having is that the inside of the wheels are wearing out quicker than the outside. I have replaced all bushings and tightened down all bolts and the ball joints are still good. And YES I have done a search on this and keep coming up dry or with atleast all different numbers.

So what is the proper angle to have the caster set at?
As well as when the suspension is sitting normal the coils bow forward, but when oneside is flexed all the way the compressed coil is straight and the other is almost all the way straight. The coil pads on the axle looks like it is sitting fairly level, but I do need to get a true measurment on that. So do I need to straigten them out or just leave them, this one goes with the caster angle if I'm not mistaken?
Also how do I properly measure to check if the Toe-in / Toe-out are adjusted right? I wasn't really able to find anything on this and NO WAY am I taking to a shop. I wrench on my own things espicially something that can't follow the factory specs.

Thanks

What no one has anything one this subject. :dunno::huh:lastara:helpme::doh:

wear like that is most likely your toe. if you didnt align it after you lifted it then you need to, like right now. this is modified tech so you are prolly being ignored.

toe can be set in your driveway or shop. factory specs or close to factory will work just fine on a lifted rig.

if ya dont know how to measure toe, prolly should have someone who does, do it

Back