• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I need fuel lines! Help!

AZjeepin1

NAXJA Forum User
Doing the 99-01 intake mani swap onto my Renix XJ and need the supply and return lines that fit a '92 fuel rail (the one with both positioned at the front of the rail). Any ideas where I can find some? The dealer wants $120 for both!

http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=1051867&

the op of that thread retained the oem quick disco's, which is one method, but i used the oem tubing adapters (i linked a video in my first post going over installation). to do so, i had to trim, and de-burr the 2 fuel rail connections (theres a ridge for the plastic clip thats in the way, i cut just on the other side of this, and de-burred it) then, for the hardline side, i just found a somewhat straight run of the oem hardline, and cut that with a pipe cutter, deburred, and installed oem tubing adapters there as well. then its just a matter of making/acquiring a hose of the right size, with -6AN female hose ends on both ends, and finally secure it away from the steering imput shaft and exhaust...

it might not be the best answer, some junkyard lines might do... but i had TONS OF PROBLEMS with my fuel lines leaking after even touching that area of the motor.... i sleep better at night, knowing that part of my fuel system is safe.

edit: saw your 2nd post, yeah, its all pretty much the same idea. at least one of the lines is 5/16th's though, i can never remember if its 3 3/8ths, 1 5/16, or 2 3/8ths and 2 5/16's....

Back