• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

1998 2-door wheel question/issue

worsley

NAXJA Forum User
1998 XJ
2-door
auto
231 tcase

My jeep currently has a 3 inch lift, with 30x9.5x15, with 15X8 rims with a 3.75 back spacing (the common black steel rims)

Im removing the lift soon, and my question is, if i put it back to stock, with a set of BFG all-terrain 235/75R15 tires, will those rims work? im not sure if they will because of the big offset, and the tires arent much smaller than the 30's. im told the 30's wont fit on stock suspension. the 235's arent much smaller at all, and i know they fit, as i have mounted many of these exact tires on stock XJ's at work, and i worn with a guy who has them.

i just need to know if these rims will work with stock suspension, with 235/75R15 BFG all terrains on them.

thanks in advance!!

235 is about 29.5" approx. And quite a few " 30 inch tires" are close to that as well. Yes they will work. When I purchased my current XJ, it had aftermarket wheels with similar backspacing and 235/75s, no issues.
The 30s should fit. They MAY rub when flexing, but bumpstops should help with that.
Not really sure why you want to run a 235 on an 8-inch wide wheel but they will work.

Back