• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

3in lift 35"s

what do you mean how? add 3" of lift, put 35s on, cut where it hits.

/thread.

This, and good luck! Its a little tight with 32's but i've seen 35's.

Ha, welcome to NAXJA rusty rick, we're a bunch of assholes! :D

Not sure there's a definitive "cut this much, bumpstop to here" thread. XJs are all different, trim jobs are all different. Your best bet is just going to be to do it and cut what hits.

I'm running 35's on about 5" of lift. I have the RE bumpstop pucks which are 1.5-2" tall, and I could use at least another 3" of bumpstop in the front. In the rear, my bumpstopping is mainly to keep the shocks from bottoming out, but I got the DPG leaf plates and added one of their bumpstop spacers to it.

My fenders are cut and folded like normal in the rear with the front edge of the rear opening hammered in even more. Cut and folded the lower rear quarter panel. And trimmed the living crap out of my front fenders, plus hammering in a bunch of spots inside the front fenderwells. Gonna have to cut off some of the rear part of my front bumper too to clear the tires when I turn and flex.

Good luck.

http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f2/low-cog-suspension-setup-tricks-tips-32980/

Last edited:
Sunburned - Thanks for the link. Have been stalling upgrading to 35"s with a 4 or 4.5" lift and Iron Rock LA Kit which is currently on the XJ. It flexs great, but still rubs once in a while with 31". So... bump stop and trip.

i'm still in the build process, but here it is with som 33x12.5 with zero lift on stock tj coils with stock tj coil spring isolators.

frontfendermounted.jpg

Back