• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Slowly but Surely XJ Mods

zachndorsett

NAXJA Forum User
Got an all stock 1996 XJ.
Forest green.
130,000 miles when i bought it.
Bought during christmas of 2010, so i have not had it too long. But i am finally starting to do some this and that work to it. But money is tight and starting college soon!

196497_1631343503355_1229662104_31250546_3467447_n.jpg

Here is my jeep cherokee. Has brush guard and fog lights on it

Ordered some cragar soft black eight hole rims today. Along with black rock black center caps. Gotta get some black lug nuts. Next is to pull off red and black trim off the sides, paint the hood, fender flares, grill, and bumpers satin black to match the rims. Did some interior work to it. Has kenwood speakers, radio, and 10 disc cd changer. Might take that out and get better stereo. I want a cb radio and antenna and to hook it up.

Also need to fix the shocks to the trunk cause it wont stay open. Purchasing a new fan clutch as well. Needs a new catalytic converter but i think i may just get a whole new magna flow exhaust system for it. Wanting to lift it 4 1/2 inches or maybe 6. Space the wheels out. Get 33inch nito terra grapper tires. Safari roof rack with light bar. New front and back bumpers. Tow hooks or winch rings. Then convert it to 4wd and start some more offroad mods.

Forest green.

Well since it's forest green you will want 1 tons, OTK, hydro steering, double down transfers, and a headlight harness...

J/K....... Just hang out here for a while, make notes, make a wish list and don't just dive into anything on impulse........

Here is my suggestion:
Eric Zappe's book: Jeep Cherokee Builders Guide.
Sliders.

Yeah i wanna sell it, i have it on the market, but alot of people are not looking to buy right now, especially not 2wd, but if it does then i will take the rims off and put the factory ones back on it. But until then i will do what it takes to keep the 2wd as good as possible til i can convert it!

Ive got a wishlist and some notes made on purchases and installments i want. I also have a jeep fanatic cousin who knows what seems to be everything on 90's model jeeps. So he helps quite alot on knowledge, work, and purchases.

jeep1.jpg

Pulled off red and black trim and adhesive from the bottom. Doing alot of cosmetic work inside and out right now. Also got it clean, looks nice and shiny.. for now. Next waiting on my rims to get in and get them mounted.

Thinking about taking off front and back bumper caps? Idk how that will look. Also cutting the front fender flares. If those dont happen i will be paintin them all satin black to match the rims as well as the hood.

Back