• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Longer UCA or LCA ?

Norwegian

NAXJA Forum User
I'm running 35"s in a 3" lift now so i figured i need to check/adjust my caster.
Been reading/searching on the topic and now i'm a bit confused.

My logic tells me i need longer lca's to move the axle forwards and fix my caster angle but i keep reading advise given to get adjustable uca's and leave the lca's stock (?)

Someone please help me clear my head and set me straight here. Longer (adjustable) lca's or uca's to correct the caster?

Thanks

Typically you would adjust for wheel base using adjustable LCA's, and use adjustable UCA's for caster adustment. If you have the funds, adjustable LCA's and UCA's would be optimal.

However, if you are happy with your wheel base setup, just get the adjustable UCA's....

Thanks Ivan.
The way i see it, lifting the Jeep brings the axle back a little If i correct the caster using longer lca's i acieve 2 things : correct caster and better axle positioning.

Right?? :D

Back