• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

better clutch hydraulics

TGFH

NAXJA Forum User
I need to replace my squeaky!!!! (sounds like an old rocking chair) slave and of course the master cylinder on my clutch. Pressure plate, bearing and disc only have 20k on them. I was going with the pre-bled unit. BUT - are these things plastic or just look like it? They look REALLY cheap. I really only want to do this once so does anyone have brands - part numbers etc for better slave, master and hopefully braided clutch hose? Side note - but impressive to me - my '95 XJ just went over 400,000 miles on the original engine. 4 months ago I converted to E85. Dropped 1 mpg - but increased power a lot. Maybe that's why the drop in mpg - my lead foot.

Re: better clutch hydraukics

well in the first post I wrote 95 XJ - soooooo - that would be the year. Couldn't be an automatic trans - if I'm working on the clutch. And 95s only came with one manual trans.

Already got my info from another forum. I think I'm dropping this forum - too many smart asses and not much help. Lots more good info at the other forums

Re: better clutch hydraukics

- your '95 XJ was a side note. how is he supposed to know thats the XJ you were talking about? you could own 53 of them for all we know.
- transmission swap isnt out of the question if the internal slave model was still used in '95. i dont know for sure. and asking isnt a crazy request.
- your the only one being a smart ass.
- youll need some thinker skin if you think thats the best trash talk xcm has.

have fun on another forum. :wave:

Back