• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Welding seam sealer

Fred

NAXJA Member
NAXJA Member
I have zero knowledge about using seam sealers. I'm putting in a new floor pan (and a roll bar, see it is modified tech :)). I'd like suggestions on how to use, which kind to buy, anything at all.

By the way, even in dry Colorado, if you have a 90 Laredo with all that extra sound proofing, and a leaky sunroof, you end up with holes in the floor. Some of the sound proofing looks like a diaper, and absorbs and hold water like a diaper. It was wet under the carpet, and it has been weeks since I had it out in the rain.

Fred

Thanks for the suggestions. I think brushable is best for what I'm doing.

I used 3M brushable when I welded in some patch panels in my floor, it was thick stuff but went on fine with a brush... Just use a cheap brush and throw it away once you're done... My opinion is anything from 3M is going to be good quality.

Are these sealers also an adhesive that could stick body panels or are they just a sealer to keep out moisture?

Back