• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

need help vacuum lines, connecticut

snowonweb

NAXJA Forum User
Well after two monts of learning mechanics I am almost done with my 99 intake swap. Unfortunatelly as usual I am loosing determination and confidence to finish the project. All I have left is do vacuum lines which really confuse me as vacuum routing diagram on firewall is not helping much, junk yard doesn't have any 99+ 4.0 jeeps I can look at either. I did grab bunch of vacuum lines off a jeep at junkyard.
So far I have.
Fuel Injection rail has vacuum that goes somewhere to intake
Valve cover back line goes to the intake
valve cover front line can go to airbox
Also there are two lines on driver side. bigger ones goes to air box i think, smaller I have no clue but I think intake.
The intake has 3 vacuum ports on the side and 2 on the top. One of the top ones goes into brake booster.
I tried looking at other members swaps and pictures but its hard to tell.
It would help a lot if you just could tell me where the vacuum lines from side of intake go. There is three of them. Like I said one must go to fuel rail. 2nd to top of valve cover. 3rd either goes to driver side small vacuum line or the is another vacuum line long one that comes off firewall right by valve cover.
I even have difficult time explaing especially since I don't know the part and sensor names.
One more thing. Does it matter what size diameter and lenght the lines are or can I mix it up?

well, looking at the diagram I managed to connect most of vacuum lines.
MAP sensor went to large diameter hole on top of 99+ intake right next to brake booster line.
3 vacuum holes on side. One went with T-fitting to fuel regulator (icalled it rail in above post) and to small line to goes to fuel tank.
middle vacuum hole went on top of valve cover and and last one to line that goes into firewall.
I still have one rubber line thats loose and the other end connects to metal line by the firewall. Not sure where it goes but the rubber line is about 1.5 feet long.

is the line on the firewall the line that runs to your charcoal canister and vacuum tank?

Fuel tank? You dont have vacuum lines that go to your fuel tank... Are you talking about the breather lines that come up the firewall? You dont want to connect those to vacuum. Or are you talking about the fuel lines that connect to the fuel rail?

no way its for vacuum carnister, not sure about charcoal or what that is. the one thing i forgot to mention is that line is soft rubber, not plastic like other vacuum lines and it goes over a metal line by the firewall with a clamp on it. Kind of look like a drip line for something and that i have to route it down.

I'm a picture person show me some photos and I'll point you in the right direction, I've done this swap as well and live in CT so shoot me a pm

Back