• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

cutting the front fenders

Jonesy51

NAXJA Forum User
Does anybody have a good way to cut front fenders and reuse the stock fender flares? I want to make a clean cut and have the fenders look as factory as I can get them.

Heh, if you cut the wells the openings are inherently going to become larger. I don’t how you could cut any more than minimally and still reuse them. I just said to heck with it and zapped my openings into the ‘huge’ realm, no flares. :D

Heh, if you cut the wells the openings are inherently going to become larger. I don’t how you could cut any more than minimally and still reuse them. I just said to heck with it and zapped my openings into the ‘huge’ realm, no flares. :D
He emphasizes on HUGE, cuz he likes Wendy's.

I've posted this before but, you can "weld" "glue" "splice" two fender flares together and get this look so you don't have to move the lower part of the flare up.

scan1150-1.jpg

I just took my flares off...IMOP they look better. I took the stock mounting holes, and used spray bedliner on the entire outside of the wheel well, and got some heavy duty bolts and put them in the holes, and cut off the excess... Makes it look armored almost, WILL post pictures later.

Here's how mine turned out...
COMPLETED.jpg

Never mind the puddle of washer fluid! Damn reservoir! Missed it with the drill but got it with the angle grinder.

CUT.jpg

Before the mayhem...
BEFORE.jpg

Last edited:
Back