• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Vacuum hose cruise control

Queenannesrevenge

NAXJA Forum User
I have a vacuum hose running from my cruise control unit on the left side of my jeep and across the engine block. It's not plugged in to anything, and infant find a port to plug it into. Anyone have any idea? Thanks.

The vacuum supply for the cruise control comes from a poly line that which goes across the firewall and ties into a fitting on the intake manifold; the other end of the poly line goes under the battery tray and connects into the vacuum reservoir attached to the front bumper on the passenger side.

??

That should have said " I can't" not "infant"

Phew!! I thought I read that crazy!!

The vacuum supply for the cruise control comes from a (hard) poly line that which goes across the firewall and ties into a fitting on the intake manifold; the other end of the poly line (it should be a soft rubber line now) goes under the battery tray and connects into the vacuum reservoir attached to the front bumper on the passenger side.

^^^This X10.

Remember that anywhere across these lines from the manifold through the reservoir and to the CC actuator could have cracks and cuts. If you have leaks you probably only get air out your defrost (??). Check all your vac lines on the HVAC side and REPLACE...no duct tape repairs...any vac lines that are even suspect.

Might want to try a smoke test. Grab a cigar!!

Recommendation: Relocate the vacuum ball/football into the engine compartment, makes life easier, no reason it's behind the bumper, except for space.

Last edited:
Give the infant the cigar ad tell him if he doesn't find the vacuum leak, no more bottles.

That how I taught my kid to learn his way around the engine block.

Last edited:
Back