• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

LED Tail Light Issues

Bwillie

NAXJA Forum User
First off I've searched and have not found anything that answers my concerns, if I missed something sorry.

At any rate I have a 99 Cherokee and I just finished installing THOR corner guards and Stop/Tail Led lights in the oval location and small amber leds for the turn signals. Both LED lights are wired directly into the stock wiring for their respective functions.
The parking lights light up correctly, and the turn signals work properly, except they blink fast(ep27 will cure that). However, when I hit the brakes the turn signal lights illuminate as well. If the turn signals are on the light will continue to blink as opposed to staying on with the brake lights.

I know on newer BMW and Mercedes if you have a brake light bulb burned out the car will light up a turn signal bulb or other to substitute for the bad bulb. I don't believe my Jeep can be doing capable of this. Has anyone run into this problem before? Any help is appreciated.

I know this thread is old but it is the same issue im having after installing jcr rears with leds on my 98 cherokee. Turn signals are lighting up with brake lights on. And when I test it with the oringinal incandescent they dont light up. But I am still getting a voltage reading of 9.5 from the turn signal wiring at the lights. Obviously this powersink will probably solve the problem but does that seem a little high to anyone. If this is normal I will just walk away from troubleshooting this and order the powersink.

try wiring a diode in the blinker leads biased to prevent back feed

I dont think its back feed. But I am going to try a resistor on the ground side because I think thats all those load equalizers really are.

Back