• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

03 rubicon locker junk or not will it fit in my xj?

sandblz

NAXJA Forum User
Hello i have a tru-loc limited slip/air locker out of an 03 jeep rubicon that was given to me. the gears on the inside are bad. is it worth fixing or are they no good. i would be trying to put it in my 87 xj with a stock dana 44. would it even work or is it a waste of time and money? thank you

I might sound retarded but, i've heard the Rubicon front lockers were stronger then the rear lockers.. in any case.. An aussie or spartan is only $225..

The rear TJ Rubicon lockers are not all that. They have a reputation for having the limited slip portion going out taking the rest of the unit out with it.

I just remember Hearing of multiple catastrophic failures with the rear Rubicon locker, while in moab on Easter jeep safari this year..

they arent that strong but dads wheeled his tj pretty hard on 35s with his rubi rear axle.

if it was given to you then without a doubt run it.

Back